Tuition for the GGE-Greifswald Summer Enrichment Program is $7,850 and includes:
- chaperoned transfers to and from Berlin-Tegel Airport (TXL)*
- a rental bicycle with lock
- breakfast and dinner daily
- tuition for courses (conversational German and one academic course)
- all afternoon recreational classes (see options on ‚Activities‘ page)
- all planned extracurricular activities (boat trips, bowling, beach volleyball, beach trips, excursions, concerts, lectures, parties)
- 3-day Berlin excursion
- 2.5-day College Prep Workshop with Educational Consultant Janet Stark
*this service is included as long as student arrives on 30 June, 2018 between 6am and 6pm and departs on 28 July, 2018 no earlier than 12pm, otherwise a charge will incur (see FAQs).
Tuition does not include:
- airfare/transportation costs to Berlin-Tegel Airport (TXL)
- books and course materials
- medical & accident insurance
- appropriate clothing/equipment (such as tennis racquets, cameras, helmets, or laptops required for Digital Media/Photography course)
GGE Summer School has a rolling admission policy. In most cases, admissions decisions will be made within 2 weeks of the time the completed application is received. All scholarship decisions will be announced separately on 15 March, 2018. To increase your chances for admission, it is highly recommended to apply as early as possible.
1 March 2018
financial aid/scholarship application deadline (otherwise rolling admission policy)
15 March 2018
financial aid/scholarship notification date
15 April 2018
$1000 nonrefundable deposit due (check, Paypal, or wire transfer)
28 April 2018
‚early bird‘ tuition payment deadline – save 10% (if paid in full by 28 April). $7,850 tuition – $785 (10% discount) – $1,000 nonrefundable deposit = $6,065 due (check, Paypal, or wire transfer)
15 May 2018
regular tuition payment deadline/remaining balance due. $7,850 tuition – $1,000 nonrefundable deposit = $6,850 due (check, Paypal, or wire transfer)
Payments can be made either via check (request instructions from info@ggesummerschool), wire transfer (see below) or Paypal (paypal.me/ggesummerschool).
Wire Transfer Information:
Bank Name: Commerzbank Xanten
Account Name: GGE Summer School
IBAN/Account #: DE79356400640829929900
Reference: Student Last Name_Student First Name
REFUNDSIf the program is canceled by GGE Summer School for any reason, deposit and tuition will be refunded in full.
If a student withdraws, tuition refund will be based on the schedule below.
A student withdrawing after 1 July 2018 or who is dismissed for any reason from GGE Summer School will not be granted a refund.
Determined by the date the GGE Summer School receives written notice of a student’s withdrawal, refunds will be granted according to the following schedule:
- 70% of the paid balance (excluding nonrefundable deposit) will be refunded on or before 1 June 2018.
- 50% of the paid balance (excluding nonrefundable deposit) will be refunded on or before 10 June 2018.
- 30% of the paid balance (excluding nonrefundable deposit) will be refunded on or before 20 June 2018.
- 10% of the paid balance (excluding nonrefundable deposit) will be refunded on or before 1 July 2018.
- No tuition will be refunded after 1 July 2018.