Tuition for the GGE-Greifswald Summer Enrichment Program is $7,850 and includes:
- chaperoned transfers to and from Berlin-Tegel Airport (TXL)*
- a rental bicycle with lock
- breakfast and dinner daily
- tuition for courses (conversational German and one academic course)
- all afternoon recreational classes (see options on ‚Activities‘ page)
- all planned extracurricular activities (boat trips, bowling, beach volleyball, beach trips, excursions, concerts, lectures, parties)
- 3-day Berlin excursion
- 2.5-day College Prep Workshop with Educational Consultant Janet Stark
*this service is included as long as student arrives on 1 July between 6am and 6pm and departs on 29 July no earlier than 12pm, otherwise a charge will incur (see FAQs).
Tuition does not include:
- airfare/transportation costs to Berlin-Tegel Airport (TXL)
- books and course materials
- medical & accident insurance
- appropriate clothing/equipment (such as tennis racquets, cameras, helmets, or laptops required for Digital Media/Photography course)
GGE Summer School has a rolling admission policy. In most cases, admissions decisions will be made within 2 weeks of the time the completed application is received. All scholarship decisions will be announced separately on 15 March, 2018.
1 March 2018
scholarship application deadline
15 March 2018
scholarship notification date
15 April 2018
$1000 nonrefundable deposit due (check, Paypal, or wire transfer)
28 April 2018
‚early bird‘ tuition payment deadline – save 10% (if paid in full by 28 April). $7,850 tuition – $785 (10% discount) – $1,000 nonrefundable deposit = $6,065 due (check, Paypal, or wire transfer)
15 May 2018
regular tuition payment deadline/remaining balance due. $7,850 tuition – $1,000 nonrefundable deposit = $6,850 due (check, Paypal, or wire transfer)
Payments can be made either via check (request instructions from info@ggesummerschool), wire transfer (see below) or Paypal (paypal.me/ggesummerschool).
Wire Transfer Information:
Bank Name: Commerzbank Xanten
Account Name: GGE Summer School
IBAN/Account #: DE79356400640829929900
Reference: Student Last Name_Student First Name
REFUNDSIf the program is canceled by GGE Summer School for any reason, deposit and tuition will be refunded in full.
If a student withdraws, tuition refund will be based on the schedule below.
A student withdrawing after 1 July 2018 or who is dismissed for any reason from GGE Summer School will not be granted a refund.
Determined by the date the GGE Summer School receives written notice of a student’s withdrawal, refunds will be granted according to the following schedule:
- 70% of the paid balance (excluding nonrefundable deposit) will be refunded on or before 1 June 2018.
- 50% of the paid balance (excluding nonrefundable deposit) will be refunded on or before 10 June 2018.
- 30% of the paid balance (excluding nonrefundable deposit) will be refunded on or before 20 June 2018.
- 10% of the paid balance (excluding nonrefundable deposit) will be refunded on or before 1 July 2018.
- No tuition will be refunded after 1 July 2018.